5 Daytrip Destinations near Harris County, Texas
Are you itching to get out of the Harris County area and explore some other parts of Texas? We have compiled a list of 5 places within two hours of Houston for you to explore! Check them out below!
Related Content: 3 Awesome Campsites near Houston, TX
5 Two-Hour Road Trips from Harris County, TX
- Galveston Island is about an hour from Houston and is located along the Gulf of Mexico! There are several beaches along this 30-mile island that make for a fun destination whether traveling with family, friends or someone special.
- Brazos Bend State Park is less than an hour’s drive from Houston and provides plenty of outdoor activities for nature lovers. There are several trails that take hikers, bikers and horseback riders through the park.
- When searching for an escape to the forest, Harris County residents don’t have to travel far. The Sam Houston National Forest is an hour from Houston and covers well over 150,000 acres. Visitors can hike, boat, camp, hunt, fish, birdwatch and more.
- Port Arthur is a small city along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico that is about an hour and a half away from Houston. Visitors can take in the cultural attractions, explore hiking, biking and fishing opportunities or take a boat tour.
- Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge is about 80 minutes from Houston and offers more than 30,000 acres of diverse wildlife for visitors to explore. Visitors can paddle, hike, birdwatch or hone their nature photography skills. They may even see some alligators!
Another Good Read: Dog-Friendly Hiking Trails near Harris County, TX
Car Shop in Houston
Thanks for reading! If you’re in need of a reliable set of wheels to make a road trip possible, check out our inventory at Star Motor Cars Mercedes-Benz in Houston, TX! We hope to see you soon!